There’s a really good reason why the Rocky Top Sports World is something the county is really looking forward to – it will be one of the largest sports venues in the Tennessee Smokies and bring a lot of traffic to a side of Gatlinburg that doesn’t see as much commercial action.
Gatlinburg is probably not a city that first comes to mind in thinking about baseball games, karate tournaments and wall-climbing, but with so many other special events that come here regularly each year, and our own personal pride in the Gatlinburg Pittman High School sports teams, that will soon change. Not only will this facility bring a lot of extra income to businesses on Highway 321 and usher in more growth, it will provide locals with new events to look forward to without having to drive too far.
The Rocky Top Sports World is expecting to be a major professional sports venue, 80 acres and 86,000 square feet of indoor space, featuring:
* 7 outdoor turf fields.
* 10 hardwood basketball courts.
* Rock climbing wall.
* Full service Indoor/outdoor cafe.
* Banquet Room
* Equipment and accommodations for football, baseball, basketball, soccer, la crosse, martial arts, volleyball, wrestling and more.
The only problem that exists currently for visitors and athletes coming to the Smokies for Rocky Top Sports World is quick, efficient, and high quality lodging nearby. This is where Deer Ridge comes in! Our main resort is just 15 minutes away from Rocky Top and we offer everything a sports team or sports enthusiast group would ever want in a trip to the Smokies, including:
* Condominiums for 1-2 bedrooms plus lofts in some units. Vacation cabins also available.
* Luxury furniture and unique furnishings in all units.
* Fully stocked kitchens for all cooking needs.
* Private balconies overlooking the Smoky Mountains.
* Secluded and genuinely quiet location, again, overlooking the Smoky Mountains.
* Regular specials during seasons.
* Seasonal special events onsite like Sunset Festival in October and our New Years Eve party.
* Huge 27% military discount on all our accommodations.
* Vacation packages for Dollywood, Dixie Stampede, Scavenger Hike Adventures, Bent Creek Golf, Horseback riding and more.
And our onsite amenities include:
* Onsite swimming pool.
* Onsite sauna and hot tub.
* Huge sundeck overlooking miles of Smoky Mountains.
* Picnic tables and onsite basketball and tennis courts.
* $1 video rentals from main office.
* Game room inside main office.
* Playground for smaller children.
* Onsite laundry facility.
See more information and reserve today at www.deerridge.com.